In our latest partner interview, we sit down with Jennifer Higgins, Vice President, Senior Relationship Manager for TrustBank!
1. What do you like about working at TrustBank? The personal focus that we give to our clients and to each other! Our highly specialized team thinks outside of the box to create solutions that make sense for each unique client need. We don’t ascribe to standardized offerings, and the result is a win-win scenario as we work towards a common goal.
2. Why did you get into commercial lending? I was looking for a dynamic career that would make the most of my strengths and skill set. Banking and lending is that fit for me! I love the variety that comes with commercial lending and enjoy taking the time to learn about our client’s businesses and how we can help them achieve their dreams.
3. The Fed just raised interest rates again, should I hold off on getting a loan? Interest rates have been in the news lately and will continue to be; the Fed is anticipated to raise rates at least three more times over the next year. Interest rates are just one part of the decision making process. Borrowing money is still a good solution for a number of reasons to meet a strategic business need. Whether you are looking to increase cash flow, make improvements to a property, or change an ownership structure we can help! Also, a higher interest rate may not make a material difference in your monthly payment.
4. How do you like to give back to the local community?
I am proud to be on the Metro-Phoenix Board of Directors for Junior Achievement of Arizona! Helping to guide the organization is a pleasure and great responsibility. For me, the real fun comes when I get to teach the kids in the classroom about financial literacy, entrepreneurship and how to be ready to enter the workforce!
5. How do you spend your time away from work?
I enjoy staying active, taking advantage of the hiking, swimming and golf available in our great state! Often accompanying me are my daughter and/or our two rescue dogs!